Self delusion is my optimism

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

After drifting in and out of conscioshusness on the bus,and just staring out the window motionless, watching as the headlights of passing cars flash by,I'm finally back.After the 5 hours ride,I'm back on this little dot i call home,where travelling on the highway would at most take an hour or slightly more.The torturous ride was exacerbated by the surrounding sea of darkness that offered no hints or signs of life.There were no lamp posts that stood along the roads,and its just the rumbling noise of the engine serenading the night.

The trip there was probably less strenuous on the mind and body as i slept away most of the lengths of the trip.Reaching the destination marked yet another long wait,as we reached way before the time slot of getting a hotel room.And so the first day is pretty much summarised by a truckload of waiting and hindered rest.

I spent much of the day wandering around the theme park with mom and cousins,of which the cousins seemed to have some huge unknown reserve of energy that drove them on and on.Ride after ride they took,and they never showed signs of weariness,which really amazed me for i was just dying to get some rest.I spent most of the first day in the company of my mom,as we walked around and did our shopping.I couldn't remember the last time i spent quality time with her,back in Singapore with my hectic schedule i never had the time to accompany her for shopping or just having tea.Yet her care and concern never once wavered all this time as it showed during this time we spent.I was just gutted at myself,somehow all this while I've never really been that good a son.

The two days passed quickly and we were all holding out luggages preparing to come back home.The air was great that day,cool and crisp,and as i walked screams greeted me as if to say goodbye.Somehow i felt reluctant to leave,just like all the previous times it was a swirl of emotions for i felt at home there.It was Singapore to me,minus the stress and expectations and it felt good to be away from everything for awhile.Perhaps if it were longer ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home